The 10 Things You Need In Your Office "Essential Kit"
When I told my wife I was going to write about an "Essential Kit" for guys to keep in their office, she thought I was crazy. I think her exact words were "I did not even have one of those" or something close to that.
The fact is there is nothing crazy about it. You should be ready for any situation, and gear is part of that. Here is the gear you should have at your office to make sure you are ready for anything the day throws at you.
1. Toothbrush, Toothpaste & Mouthwash
3. Dental Floss
5. Hair Product
7. Face Wash
8. Nail Clipper
10. Razor & Shaving Cream
Let's go through them quickly to see why you need all of this gear within reach.
1. Toothbrush, Toothpaste & Mouthwash - This one is pretty obvious right? When is stank breath a good thing? NEVER. Shouldn't you really have a way to get your breath right once you leave your house? If you have ever pulled an all-nighter in your office, these are as good as gold. Meeting up with your wife, girlfriend, crush or anyone after work? Would you rather do it wondering if your breath stinks, or knowing it is minty fresh? I rest my case, this one is a no-brainier.
2. Gum/Mints - Call this the portable, less aggressive, version of number 1. Portable cure for coffee breath, onion breath or just regular stank breath. Be minty fresh all day. They taste good too. Just do it!
3. Dental Floss - Seems like it is all about the teeth right? Well, if you are talking to someone with a piece of food in your teeth, that person is NOT listening to you. They are starring at whatever the hell is stuck in your teeth. Don't let that happen to you. Keep floss in your kit people.
4. Deodorant - None of this is rocket science. Ever start sweating in a meeting (or even just thinking about a meeting coming up)? I have. Ever cut out at lunch and gone to the gym? I have. Ever forget to put on deodorant in the morning not realize until you are at work? I have. Pull an all-nighter? Me too. Be ready, because smelly never wins.
5. Hair Product- Ever get caught in the rain, windstorm, sweat in the gym during your lunch work out, or just realize you look like hell from pulling your hair out during the day? Again, me too. You only need a small container of whatever you normally use here guys, just enough for a touch up to get you looking the way you want.
6. Cologne - Want to set yourself apart, reapply before any after work event. Not many other dudes are going to smell as good at you at 7pm because they don't have an Essential Kit. Capitalize on their loss and let them suffer.
7. Face Wash- If you are like me, your skin can get oily during the day (especially when it gets hot). If that does not happen to you, great, but you should still have this in your kit. Face wash is not something you are going to break out of the kit often, but when you need it it is gold. Use when you just straight up look like hell, or when you want to tighten up your look at the end of the day before you change from johnny corporate to ready for fun.
8. Nail Clipper - Got gross long nails that you don't want to sport to that pick-up basketball game you just agreed to, or worse that second date you just scored? Well, if you don't want to, just spend the $3 bucks it costs to add one of these to your Essential Kit.
9. Chapstick - It costs a buck, weights an ounce and gets rid of those gross dry-ass lips. Just get it.
10. Razor & Shaving Cream - Okay, this is another one you are not going to break out of the kit often. Keep these for the unexpected all-nighter, the day you forgot to shave only to realize your big meeting is getting rescheduled for today, the huge patch of beard you somehow missed when you shaved this morning, or (for you guys who grow 5 o'clock shadow by noon) any "thing" you have after work where you want to look your absolute best.
Get your Essential Kit in order and you will be prepared for anything the day throws at you.
To get more Jett Style…
Email me or follow me on Instagram (@thejettstyle) using the links below:
Want more personalized help?
Check out the Consulting Services that I offer.